Turbo Mom, Slow Down!
Written by Mary Robinson
Didn’t you have enough, girl? Since when have you been doing ten jobs a day? Taking care of the kids, cooking, washing cycles, going to the market, and, oh, I almost forgot, going to the work. There is a way to handle these daily task, and I’ll help you finding more time for yourself. Ready to hear it?
It’s not easy to deal with a large list of tasks that are in front of you from the moment you open your eyes in the morning. You love your family and you want them all to have everything they need. You want your house clean, your kids well behaved, and your husband happy, isn’t it?
How about talking about you, just for a little while?
When was the last time you had a good meal and by a good meal I mean eating slowly, enjoying the food, TASTING the food you are eating? I did it yesterday, for example, I just decided to give myself a small chocolate mousse delight and to think about my own stuffs. But, believe me if I tell you that it wasn’t always like that and that before I’ve made this life style change, I wasn’t doing anything to relax and enjoy small precious things and moments that are soooo important and valuable.
Here are some advices that will help you to manage all these daily calls and duties that almost each mother and wife has.
You are not a machine. You are a human being.
You need to be calm and satisfied in order to be able to give the best to the people you love.
Think what to do to help yourself and make the life easier to everybody around you. You won’t make your husband interested in you at all if he sees a tired, exhausted, nervous and frustrated woman in front of him each time he looks at you. Maybe it sounds cruel, but, girl, you also know that I’m telling you the truth.
Your kids won’t be delighted either. Boring mom who is here and there, who does so many things at the time doesn’t have nerves and patience to play with them. Who cares about the dishes, anyway!
If you want to maintain a healthy relation with your kids and to have a good marriage, think how to steal some time to get away from boring home jobs.
- First of all, don’t panic when thinking on tomorrow. Turbo Mom Slow Down! When your kids go to bed write all your engagements down. Try to make a good organization plan and always do it the night before.
- When you finish, think on what to wear tomorrow. Take the wardrobe from the closet and if you can, try the combination you picked on. You’ll save your time in the morning when you have to make a breakfast for kids, prepare them for school, etc. Why risking to do it in a hurry and becoming nervous before the working day even started?
- Be tidy. It helps. When you are in a hurry, which is very, very often, it really helps when you know where your things are. You are saving the time, which is a luxury for you.
- Feel free to ask your husband to help you when you feel exhausted. You are not a machine and he is your partner. Ask him to set a table, or to help you with anything else. You don’t need to give excuses or explanations. Just be frank with him. He is your husband and that is completely normal.
- The fact that you are a woman doesn’t mean that you should do everything. Turbo Mom Slow Down! Talk with your husband and make a plan. Is he going to pick the kids up from school? How about him going to the supermarket? What else….?
- If you have a baby consider hiring a baby sitter to help you taking care of your kid while both of you work. Kindergarten may also be a good solution.
- Hiring a housewife may be an excellent choice for you, as well. Imagine all these jobs that you are suddenly liberated from! Twice a week, for a start. Just to check out how’s working. If you don’t live in a huge villa, sufficient. Great thing if you ask me! Since I have this kind of help I’m a different person, happy to spend more time doing things that I choose to do, not that I have to.
- If you work, don’t blame yourself for spending so much time at your office. You are a good mother. If you do something that you like, you already feel as a accomplished person. What matters is the quality of the time you spend with your family, not the quantity. Good organization will help you make priorities and that’s how you’ll have enough time to show your family all your love.
- Always remember that no man wants to sleep with a nervous, frustrated woman. Show him your feminine side. Make him happy and satisfied by applying these small tricks that will help you preserve your marriage harmony.
REMEMBER, QUALITY MATTERS!